Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Burns

It’s time for another Good Idea, Bad Idea. Good Idea: testing chicken for doneness; Bad Idea: testing chicken for doneness while asking a child not to drink pond water and having said chicken jump out of the pot of hot, boiling curry and burn your wrist.

Burns are simply a part of the cooking life. I get them all the time. However, I will admit that I rarely get them on my wrist, which seems like the most painful place to get burned. Currently there is a quarter sized blister over a half-dollar sized red burn mark on my left wrist. Curse you curried coconut milk covered chicken!

After icing it while finishing up dinner, and after having a cold pack on it while eating, I slathered aloe gel all over the area to help cool it off because it hurt like hell. The effects took a while to kick in. That or my insistence on finishing up the kids’s activity binders I started yesterday morning helped hide the pain. I promise pictures tomorrow when they are finished! For now I’m going to try and not pop my blistered wrist all over patient charts at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment