Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dexter and the Mini Blinds

Our cat, Dexter, loves to get tangled in the mini blinds. No, really, he does.

We haven’t had mini blinds in the house since, well, never… by choice, anyway. I mean, I grew up with them at my dad and stepmom’s house, and we had them in the apartments my husband and I lived in before moving into our last house fourteen years ago. I guess I’ve just never been a fan of them. Now that we have a quite dexterous cat named Dexter, it only reinforces my dislike of them.

Here’s the thing, Dexter loves to window watch. He will go from the living room window to the sliding glass door in the back to the office to the kitchen sink window and back again over and over all day long. Seriously, the cat cannot stay still for more than a minute. Of course, this probably has to do with the fact that he is probably not even two years old yet, so still has all that feisty kitten energy, something our other cat, Tuesday, hasn’t had in years. She doesn’t seem to be so interested in getting caught up with his fascination with mini blinds, either. So, say, we have the blinds down. This seems like an open invitation to jump head first into the middle of a section and try to fandangle his way to the other side. This doesn’t always work, and usually leaves the blinds looking like crap and covered in his undeniable evidence; his fur.

So to prevent further issues I’ve decided to simply leave the blinds open enough for him to window watch without causing me too much of a headache trying to fix them over and over. I thought he would be fine out in the living room watching because that is where all the action is, along with the backdoor for any wildlife that happens to be in the yard, but alas, he apparently also likes to stare at the neighbor’s siding and the fence between us. Must be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment