Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lacking

My original plan for this blog was to include all sorts of homemaking tips and tricks I employ or learn. The last few months have been a little lacking.

In case you haven’t noticed, my blog hasn’t been so much about homemaking lately. I suppose moving into a house under less than ideal circumstances has, well, pretty much left a rather large sty in that area. I know a big part of it is that I don’t want to put too much work into a house that isn’t ours. At the same time, however, maybe the lack of any personal pictures on the walls is preventing me from calling this house a home. Or the fact that any day we could decide to pack up and move again.

Why should any of these things prevent me from developing new recipes or figuring out better ways to clean something or cheap ways to fix an issue? The real answer is that they shouldn’t. In fact I should be in full developmental mode just to keep my mind off of the fact that due to circumstances I cannot change, we are no longer homeowners (well, technically until they auction off the damn house we are) but renters. Yes, dealing with a landlord who doesn’t really know how to be one can get annoying, but at the same time he did rent the house to us in full faith that we’d take care of it while living here. I guess it is time to live up to our end of the bargain… and to finally mop the floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment