Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Two More Blocks

This weekend I was able to do a little more quilting while the kiddos were either napping or sleeping. Literally just a little, mind you.

My Batik Sampler Quilt is on its way thanks to Jane over at Want it, Need it, Quilt! (http://quiltjane.blogspot.com) who is hosting The Desperate Housewife’s Quilt on her blog. So far I’ve learned a lot, mostly that I’m not so great at accurate piecing. However, I will say that focusing on making quilt blocks a little at a time is helping to feed my creative side and also energizing me to try to do more, like the blocks from guest bloggers.


Making these blocks has also got me wanting to work on my Fall Quilt too. I’ve got a feeling that once I get back to working on the feature panels I’m appliquéing the rest will simply fall into place. I mean, I already have all my fabric picked out and the design I want to use, so it is only a matter of cutting and piecing.


However I will say I’ve been wanting to make the kids some activity bags to hold their coloring books, crayons, paper and also make part of the surface from chalkboard fabric. I’m thinking of having them pick out their fabric for the bags and I’ll try to figure out a simple design that will be perfect for long car rides. Especially one we will be taking very soon with the munchkins. Now if only I could make my creative side want to start decorating cakes again, too?

1 comment:

  1. Your blocks are looking great. I love the batiks. Wait until you see tomorrows block. I think it cries out batik.

    ReplyDelete