Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence and Incontinence

Ah, the joys of fireworks and pets. And the fact that neglectful owners forgot to let their dog out to go potty last night meant presents in the morning.

Okay, so I’ll freely admit that this morning’s little (well, not little) accident Lucy, our Great Dane, left us this morning was completely our fault. Without thinking of it, we both went to bed without letting her out to go potty last night. Part of it may have been because we were all on our back deck enjoying the fireworks from our neighbors party and we may have both assumed that at some point she went, but obviously that wasn’t the case. While I thought it was originally just poop, and rather nicely formed and solid turds at that, I stepped in wetness on my way to pick them up. Ugh, I really, really, REALLY HATE CARPET!!!

So I grabbed a couple old towels from the garage to sop up the mess and got out the carpet cleaner spray bottle stuff that I have to unscrew the nozzle off and hold the bottle at an angle just to get the damned stuff to come out and sprayed profusely all over the sites. Normally I would’ve just used a little vinegar after soaking up the liquid, but alas, hardwood floors are not the same as carpet. At least the carpets already look like crap so a little more won’t make any difference.

Well, I will admit that while the neighbors across the street were setting off fireworks last night, it was rather enjoyable to watch. Although dodging shells as the dropped back down wasn’t so fun, at least none of us were hit. Next year I’ll make sure she goes potty before we go to bed. Hopefully.

I hope you all have a happy and safe Independence Day. I mean, it is, after all, the only time of year (most) parents allow their three year old to handle a lighted sparkling metal stick burning at twelve-hundred degrees Fahrenheit.

No comments:

Post a Comment