Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bills

Yesterday I paid our bills. Today we are broke again.

Paying the bills is like a bad dream you never wake up from. They are always there. While yes, it is nice to live in a more energy efficient house concerning the electric and gas bills, the water, garbage, internet, phone and car insurance all seem to continue to go up more and more. And this is definitely where getting paid only once a month has its drawbacks, especially when both incomes in the house are paid monthly. Because all of these bills are due at the beginning of the month, along with rent, we’re left with quite a small amount to use for gas, food and emergencies.

I suppose there is another way to look at it. I am using these services because, at least currently, I require them. Albeit, we don’t need to carry car insurance, however, the law says we do, and I really don’t want to deal with another nine-hundred dollar ticket for not carrying car insurance. Of course, that was also with an unlicensed car because it would not pass emission testing after spending hundreds of dollars to supposedly fix the problem. Still, it was my one and only time being pulled over and, while the officer was quite cute, I don’t want to go through that again, nor going to the courthouse to ask the judge to lower it (which, by the way, it did get lowered to three-hundred dollars after getting insurance and a temporary tag for the car.) Anyway, that’s me on another tangent. I use these services and therefore I should pay for them. I just wish they didn’t cost so damn much!

No comments:

Post a Comment