Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Preparing for Fall

After Fall comes Winter and we all know how busy that can be. Why not get a head start before the weather takes a turn for the worst.

With Fall quickly approaching and Summer obviously over here in the Northwest, it is time to start thinking about putting stuff away and preparing garden boxes for next year. Of course, we’ve still got quite a bit of growing time left for lettuces and radishes if you want to start a late season crop. I don’t think I’m going to do this again this year as I really think it would be best to reconfigure the garden boxes around. I’m also thinking of stacking two of the boxes to create a deep one for tomatoes and eggplant next year. Of course, I’ve also been tinkering with simply condensing the garden space by putting the boxes together into a longer row. I think the design would work better here with the limited space.

Another thing we need to do is finish cleaning up the backyard. Since we moved in there has been stuff there that, well, shouldn’t be. It’s time to clean it up and pretend like we live here now. While the front yard is looking better, it will need another thorough weeding before the weather changes too much and I don’t want to go outside for any longer than I have to. At the same time I know how I am. I’ll be lucky if I get just one thing on this list done.

No comments:

Post a Comment