Thursday, September 22, 2011

Now What?

Just when you think life has one plan for you something goes awry and changes everything. Hardly ever does it turn out for the better.

With it coming up on almost a month since the boys’s mother has bothered to contact us and the crazy lesbian aunts holding them hostage, I’m beginning to wonder if we’ll ever see them again. While part of me is okay with that, as it will mean far less drama to deal with, a very large part of  me is not. I’ve come to think of these boys as our kids over this last year and to suddenly have them yanked out of our lives makes me both sad and angry at the same time.

However, with that being said, I’m not ready to throw in the towel just yet. The other day my partner asked one of the aunts via text message if we could have the boys the next weekend because we miss them. A little over six hours later we got a response that they didn’t want to. This isn’t at all surprising because over there they get cookies for dinner and watch movies and television all day. What kid wouldn’t want that over having a structured day where they have to eat their vegetables and brush their teeth and actually use the toilet to pee instead of wetting their pants?

I guess now is the waiting game, but for how long? When is giving up the best option? As tempted as I am to simply take over any of their stuff we have over here and just leave it on her doorstep, a small part of me still thinks there might be a glimmer of hope after all. Albeit, I don’t know how much longer I can hold onto it.

No comments:

Post a Comment