Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dog Pee

This morning I woke up to a surprise on the kitchen floor. Needless to say, it was not a happy surprise.

Perhaps I am not giving my dog enough credit for peeing on the vinyl floor, a nice solid surface lacking absorption qualities like, say, carpet. However, she did this yesterday as well for my husband. Something is going on. Now, if I was a thinking person mere seconds after waking up in the morning I would’ve gathered up some urine in a syringe and taken it to work for an analysis. However, I’m not so much and, seeing that the mop was never put away from the day before, I grabbed it and began mopping. Something also tells me that this mop head needs a good long soak in a hot bath before I use it again because it just seemed to swish it around rather than, oh, I don’t know, MOP!!!

I suppose this means either restricting her water at night, as she did go out to go potty about eight hours before and she normally sleeps through the night, or perhaps more importantly, stop her from drinking the pond water. Either way, I’ll mention this at work (one perk of working in an animal hospital) to see what I should do, but I already know the answer will be to bring in a sample. Guess I’ll take home a better syringe than the diabetic needles we’ve got leftover from her allergy shots we gave her years ago and hope I don’t have to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment