Monday, September 19, 2011

Desperate Housewife's Quilt: Block Six

Yesterday before watching the Emmy’s I decided to tackle another quilt block. Mission accomplished.

I put this block off for so long because, well, sewing curved pieces scared the bejeezus out of me. As it turns out it isn’t so difficult. I mean, it wasn’t a walk in the park or anything, but certainly by no means the, “Oh my gawd, how the hell am I supposed to do that?!” I thought it would be.


The Emmy Awards started exactly thirty-two seconds after making my final stitch and taking a picture of the finished product, so I’m certain that if I didn’t finish when I did the block pieces would still be sitting next to the sewing machine eagerly awaiting to be pieced together. I only had puckering on one of the curved pieces and that was only because I decided to see what would happen if I sewed really fast instead of slowly. The end result isn’t very noticeable, but it was the last of the curved pieces and I didn’t feel like ripping the seams or cutting out new pieces so I decided I could live with it. Now I suppose that means I need to play catch-up again since this was the block that was holding me back, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment