Friday, September 23, 2011

Tempted

Do you ever come up with a brilliantly evil plan and can’t wait to execute it? I’ve just conceived one.

Since the old house is back on the market, albeit as bank owned, my husband and I checked out the pictures online. Needless to say it was all cosmetic and doesn’t look like they addressed the bigger issues such as the mold or even the lake under the house. However, after checking the website there is a place to link your blog if you’ve blogged about this property. I am so tempted.

Perhaps I should link up all of the blogs about mold, mildew, standing water under the house, leaking roof that drips into both the garage and the kitchen out of the ceiling vent, the fact that you can’t burn a fire in the fireplace and any other damaging information. Or perhaps I should just let it go. I mean, the bank, while still owning the property, will eventually make back all the money thanks to federal guarantees and once the house sells will be making a hefty profit, so it isn’t at all surprising that they have it listed for fifty thousand dollars less than we owed. With that being the case, what would be the point?

Of course, the best part about it is that it comes with a two year warranty. That’s nice. I mean, I could wait until someone buys the place and then tell them all the issues that the house has, but by then a home inspector will have gone through the house and probably noted at least half of the major problems. I know the one the bank sent last time when we refinanced was on crutches and had leg braces so he couldn’t go up into the attic or even check out under the house, so hopefully the potential homeowners will hire somebody who can actually do an inspection.

As much as I’d love for it to remain on the market for years, it is a cute house in a great location with a large yard, so the chances are slim. However, with that being said, it is on a major road which is about to have some major construction going on for the next few years. Location is great, but traffic nightmares are not so much.

The healthy thing to do would be to let it go. Why bother airing out the dirty laundry of the past? I suppose the main reason is that I could possibly, just possibly, consider this as an act of kindness to any potential buyer as a way of letting them know just what they are getting themselves into. Who am I kidding. I’m evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment