Saturday, October 22, 2011

Haste and Forgetfulness

Do you ever have days where you just want to kick yourself? I’m having one right now.

Months ago I finished a baby blanket for my newest nephew. In my haste to send it off last week I apparently also forgot to take any pictures of it completed. Balls. Somehow it managed to slip my mind to, oh, I don’t know, take a few pictures of the finished product any time during the interim that it was here before I mailed it. I’ve gone back and forth now a dozen times trying to find out if maybe the pictures got downloaded into a different folder, but alas, I don’t even remember taking pictures of it.

And so instead of this being a post about how cute the quilt is or how I managed to make yet another baby blanket for other peoples kids, it’s going to be about getting older, forgetting, and then the mad rush to finish everything up. I mean, I know I’ve been in quite the funk for the past year photo-taking-wise, but still, that is no excuse for not taking pictures anyway. I also know part of it is that I don’t have the time I once had (back when I was unemployed) to devote to getting the shot just right and then editing it. I’m sure if I really wanted to I could, but part of the reason I significantly lowered the amount of pictures I post is because I started using the laptop instead of the desktop to blog. With my Wacom Tablet and Pen on the desktop along with all of my photo editing software, most of the pictures I’ve posted on here lately are, well, straight out of the camera and hastily taken without composing the shot first. Basically, the kind that should be edited the most, especially since these are also taken pre-coffee.

Maybe I can ask my brother to take a few pictures and send them to me so I can both have a picture of the quilt and be able to post it on here. Okay, there really is no maybe about it. I think I’ll go ahead and ask him to take a picture of the front full-on, a picture of the back embroidery work close-up, and just for shits and giggles, one of my nephew wrapped in it. Perhaps this is the way it should be anyway. However, I’m still kicking myself.

Holy crap! I just realized I DID take a picture of the top before putting the backing on! It was on my cell phone, which means it really looks awful, but alas, it will give you an idea. I’m still going to ask my brother to take pictures and send them to me. And after looking at them I’m also going to edit them on the other computer first.






No comments:

Post a Comment