Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hockey

Last night we went to a hockey game with a couple friends. It was awesome.

While I may not enjoy playing many sports, I do like watching live events.  So when friends of ours from church asked us if we wanted to go to a Portland Winterhawks game, we said yes. My husband had never been to a hockey game and I hadn’t been to one since I was eighteen or nineteen. The game was awesome. Of course, it helped that the Winterhawks dominated the game and won and that there was a huge fight that put seven players in the penalty box, one of whom was sent out of the game completely.


Now I’ve never really understood the rules of hockey to quite get how the game worked, but our friend was kind enough to explain the rules pretty simply and it certainly helped with why players would be moving the puck around in the fashion they were. Thanks, now I know some of the rules of hockey. Will I remember them? Doubtful, but we’ll see. My mind works in mysterious ways. Perhaps I should tell my brain to store it in the Random-Facts-To-Pull-Out-Of-My-Ass-During-Dinner-Parties file.

No comments:

Post a Comment