Monday, October 17, 2011

Multiple Projects

For a while I’ve been bogged down in the quilting world. Thanks to The Desperate Housewife’s Quilt blocks, I’ve been inspired to finish long abandoned projects.

Since I started up my Fall Quilt again, I’ve been wanting to get ideas on how best to utilize the Alexander Henry Fabrics. I wanted to find a pattern that will allow the larger print fabrics to stand out but couldn’t decide on any one way of going about this. Eventually I decided on nine-patches in coordinating solids with alternating blocks of the five patterns I picked out. Simple, yes… but a four-patch would be simpler!

Even after deciding on a pattern for the In The Kitchen line, which I am currently dubbing That 70s Quilt, I was perusing my quilt books just to make sure there wasn’t anything I was missing. A few patterns really struck me as ones that would work well with the fabric, so perhaps I won’t allow myself to be so rigid. However, I did figure out how I want to make the stars for the Christmas Quilt using my Figgy Pudding charm packs, so that’s a bonus!

I’m also tempted to either find a pattern for some fat quarters I picked up a few months ago or use them as filler for That 70s Quilt, as the colors go well with the Spotted Owls print. However, I suppose with four current projects going on at once I can ponder this question for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment