Wednesday, October 19, 2011

School

Do you ever have days where you feel like an absolute moron? I had one yesterday.

After months of thinking that there was still missing paperwork on my financial aid, albeit, getting an email from the Financial Aid Department saying such is probably what led me to believe it, even though I know I had turned in everything at least once, I found out what the problem was. Apparently they send you a debit card now, and when that debit card was returned by post office because we had just moved from that house into the one we are currently in, there was a holdup. A quick change of address online took care of that part, but today I am going to go down to the school to get the rest figured out and also decide what classes to take for winter quarter.

My initial thought was to finish my Associates in Arts Degree, but then I started thinking it might be a good idea to get a degree in something I can use to build my skills. This led me to ponder just what skills I’d like to acquire. Welding? Diesel Technology? Graphic Design? So many options and so many things that just aren’t me. Well, except for the Graphic Design one. I can see myself doing that. Actually, I can really see myself doing that. However, where can that degree take me career-wise? Perhaps it would be best to stick with my original plan. Or perhaps I need to talk with an advisor about what I had originally wanted to do the first time I went to college back in 1995… how to become a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment