Thursday, March 10, 2011

Community Garden

We have a community garden at our church. Due to our living situation I’ll be utilizing it for the first time.

Community gardens are a great way for people to share a plot of land and the produce it will yield. Of course, there are the setbacks of it not being simply in the backyard, but at the same time we may end up having to move some place where there is no backyard. So yesterday when a friend of ours asked me if I’d be willing to share her plot I immediately agreed. After all, we like to grow most of the same things, tomatoes and lettuces, and pretty much anything easy and relatively maintenance free. Plus sharing a plot will mean half as much work, right?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds perfect. One only needs tomatoes and lettuce. Maybe throw in a few hardy herbs for their aroma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got tons of herbs in pots so I'll hopefully be able to keep those. If not, I'll make room in our churches community garden for them!

    ReplyDelete