Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Must Quilt

I’ve been itching to start work on my brother’s baby blanket for a while now. Perhaps this week will be as good a time as any… even if it will also be filled with packing.

Every time I get the urge to quilt, something happens. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes ugly as in the Case of the Oozing Ears our dog suddenly got on Saturday as she is fighting off another rather nasty yeast infection due to her chronic allergies. Yuck. Another trip to vet, swab, microscope, another prescription to add onto what she started a little over a week ago and hopefully we can get that part under control too. I love working at a vet clinic!

Anyway, quilting. I’ve got the fabric. I even ransacked a small portion of my scraps from past projects and stash unintentional stash building efforts for a background fabric to place the center appliqué on and shoved it into the bag of other stuff. Now, here’s the thing. I could’ve cut everything down to size, but I haven’t yet. I even made the templates for the center appliqué pieces, but still, no cutting. What the hell? Surely I’ve had time to cut fabric, if not sew it together? Alas, I have nobody to blame but myself.

So this afternoon on my lunch break I’m coming home and cutting out my pieces. Sure, I could do the dishes which have been piling up and multiplying like rabbits, but why bother when there is fabric begging to be turned into a beautiful baby blanket?

No comments:

Post a Comment