Sunday, March 13, 2011

Losing Time

Losing an hour of sleep is never a good thing, but mandated time changes? I think it’s time to rethink this antiquated notion.

Yes, it’s true, I’m only speaking of this now that we have lost an hour of sleep rather than gained, but really, is Daylight Savings necessary anymore? Methinks not. Then again, it might be worth a second look. Hard to say. Right now I’m thinking it might not. After all, what is the real point of messing with time in order to gain some summer daylight hours at night? We’re not big on conserving candle power and energy efficiency has improved greatly since 1918 when we here in the states we were one of the last to implement it, so I suppose the bigger question is if it is necessary to continue losing an hour of sleep in order to give off the impression there are more daylight hours. Of course, come autumn when we move the clocks back and gain an hour I’ll be sure to revisit this question, which I’m certain will consist of praising the wisdom of getting an extra hour of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment