Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rental House

Today we are going to be meeting with the landlord of a prospective house to move into. I’m taking with me my visual measuring tape to make sure the important stuff we have will fit.

One thing I hate, and yes, I used the strong word rather than dislike here, is moving. I abhor it. I despise it. However, without any choice in the matter, it is a necessity. One thing I like are smooth transactions and I’m hoping that today’s meeting will be just that. As far as I can tell, unless there is something majorly wrong with the house, we will take it. Yes the property is smaller than we have now and the house is about one-hundred-fifty square feet smaller too, but we can make that work. As much as I love having a laundry room inside, I’m afraid that is where the extra square footage might have been removed and relegated the washer and dryer to the garage.

We already know we’ll be able to take the cats, dog and chickens with us, so the stress of possibly rehoming them is gone (thank God!) However, part of me is wondering if there isn’t a dining room like we have now and rather an eat-in kitchen which seems to be more commonplace among newer homes. Is there less cabinet and counter space than we have now? What kind of stove and oven does it have? Are the bedrooms smaller? Do the bathrooms have tiny toilets? Alas, without seeing the place my mind is wandering into conjecture mode and I need to stop. I mean, c’mon, I’ll find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment