Monday, March 28, 2011

Packing

Today I am planning on starting to pack up the craft room. I’m certain it will be an exciting adventure.

The craft room shares its space with our guest room because, well, although it has enough stuff to make two rooms (or three, perhaps), we do not have two rooms to devote. However, when we move, the guest room portion will be specifically for the boys’s room and we will combine the craft room and the office. This should be interesting, but nothing we haven’t thought of doing in the past. We’d tinkered with the idea a little over a year ago, but I had just created the craft room space the way I liked it and really didn’t want to move stuff around. We also tinkered with the idea of taking the futon and dresser out of the craft room and putting that in the office instead, but neither of us liked the thought of having the computer in the guest bedroom. Alas, the move will force us to rethink our reasons.

What concerns me most is that I have a lot of craft stuffs. I mean a-lot-alotalotalotalotta craft stuff. I’ve got supplies and plentiful amounts for puppets, quilts, embroidery, beads and jewelry, scrapbooking, painting, illustrating, and so many more I don’t know if I could name them all even if I had them all laid out in front of me. What can I say, I craft. It is true that I tend to craft in phases and develop obsessions that come and go, but honestly I couldn’t tell you the last time I scrapbooked or did anything with my beads other than place them all in a box in the bottom of the closet in the craft room and covered them up with bags upon bags of quilting fabric and polar fleece and batting I picked up on sale because I’m a sale-whore. Something tells me I’m going to have to sort through what I really want to keep and what I have no business still having in the house. Some of this stuff I’ve had since I was a kid, I know it’ll mean some tough decisions to make, but also some necessary ones too.

So with that, it is time to open the room, open the closet and lift up the bed and see what wonders and horrors await. If I don’t blog tomorrow can someone please come search for me in my craft room? I may have gotten buried alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment