Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Packing: Part 2

Packing is hard work. Especially when you realize you’ve already thrown away stuff you no longer want.

Now comes the hard part. I’ve cleared out under the futon in the craft room and so it is time to open up the closet and start going through its contents. I don’t think it is a battle I can win (I almost wrote ballet instead of battle. Hmmm… that might work…) With so much stuff crammed into the closet it is near impossible to open, let alone be able to get to most of the stuff in there. Alas, I’ll have to hunker down and hopefully find some stuff to toss or sell. It shouldn’t be too difficult, even if it means going through boxes and taking out things I no longer wish to keep and putting the stuff I want in them. Of course, that is also assuming that I didn’t already do that four years ago when I completely overhauled the room. Then again I still haven’t used quite a bit of the stuff in there, so maybe this will be another excuse to purge.

There are a few things I’m wondering if it is worth keeping, like stuff from our wedding. It was five years ago and I still have all of the votives (well, those that I haven’t taken out over the years to use, anyway) and even the leftover bubble tubes. It might be time to throw out the bubbles and donate the votives. Oh my gawd, I just realized that our wedding was five years ago, which means this will be our fifteen year anniversary! Eeeek! What is the traditional Fifteenth Anniversary Gift? Crystal? Or should I go with the Fifth Anniversary Gift of wood? Ugh…

Anyway, back to packing, I’m pretty sure there are a few things I can think of that’ll need to be thrown away. Namely, the accumulated gift wrap we hardly use. If my husband is serious about having a garage sale this weekend (and week… it’s Spring Break next week here, after all) then I suppose I should get some stuff ready for that. Like old throw pillows I was going to repurpose by making new shams for. And beads. Lots and lots of beads. Now I’m getting overwhelmed again. I better stop before I simply shutdown and get nothing accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment