Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Time to Start Looking

With today being the first of March, it is officially time to start really looking for a new place to live. That means actually following through with applications and tours.

As much as I hate moving, there is something exciting about looking for a new place to live. I don’t know whether it is the thrill of finding something new (to us) or just to make a fresh start without excess junk taking up space, but part of me is ready for this chapter of my life to be over and to begin a new one. This also means I’ll have to cut back my cake orders to only those I’ve already committed to until after we’ve moved and settled into our new place, which honestly will be a welcome relief. It is time to focus on packing and sorting.

One good thing about us not having to be out of the house until the first week of May is that if we move that first week of April, we’ll have an entire month to figure out what we want to keep in our new place, what won’t fit, and what we want to sell or donate. And we’ll be able to have an estate sale, which usually attracts more people than garage sales. Well, we’ll have an estate sale assuming we, okay I, can part with enough stuff to warrant it. I can’t imagine we won’t.

Alas, it is time to start doubling our efforts in the house search and calling prospective landlords about availability. It is time to pack our stuff we know we want to keep (and won’t use before moving) and set aside stuff we know we don’t. It is time to take the dog to the veterinarian, too, so I better get ready and take her.

No comments:

Post a Comment