Thursday, March 17, 2011

Possibilities

Just when it seemed that apartment living with a Great Dane was inevitable, a house possibility arose. Hopefully it’ll work out.

So yesterday, after getting a tip from someone at church that his brother was looking for tenants for his rental house, my husband gave the guy a call. Over the phone anyway, this house meets our requirements: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, under a thousand a month, and pets okay. Then the guy even said, “and plenty of room for chickens!” Okay, so, looking for a house that we could take the chickens with us wasn’t a priority at all since we knew that our friend (and my boss) would take them all if needed. However, this is a total bonus. That and the house backs up against a forest so no neighbors behind us. Double bonus!

Now I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop, the shit to hit the fan, and the tinks to miss the pot. Saturday we’re going to meet the guy over at the house even though there are currently renters there moving out at the end of the month. Hopefully, even though the house is smaller than we currently are living in, and the yard is much smaller than we currently have, it will still work out. Honestly, I’m guessing it is a lot like my sister’s house layout-wise. And with a double car garage we should be able to store more of our stuff we currently have in the house in there instead. And if it means we will have to get rid of stuff, damn. This is the perfect excuse to purge our belongings and sell off our excess… except for my extra sewing machine I still want.

Possibilities, possibilities. Sometimes I find it difficult to not get my hopes up. But perhaps this time I won’t be let down. I know I’m not as Irish as I used to be (really long story) but I hope the luck of the Irish this St. Patrick’s Day will be in my favor.

2 comments:

  1. So glad for you both(and wildlife ☺)Will keep your needs in my thoughts and prayers. About time you guys had some good luck.

    ReplyDelete