Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Surprise! The Children are Here!

I was greeted to a big surprise when I got home from work last night, the boys were here. I guess I should get used to this becoming normal.

Apparently their mother was in the emergency room yesterday afternoon and fortunately my husband was off work so that he could pick them up from daycare and preschool. The funny thing was that when I opened the door and saw them I wasn’t all that surprised. Actually I was glad to see them after the hectic weekend I’d had!

I don’t know what it is but every time the kiddos are over I tend to forget about the other stresses I have. This isn’t to say that I don’t freak out when I know they’ll be over while I have a ginormous cake order I need to work on, but I find that while they are awake anyway, I don’t worry. It actually seems to make me focus more because I know that I only have a certain amount of time to finish the project, which is a good thing because I do tend to waste a lot of time overthinking things.

However, the kiddos are watching Sesame Street right now and seem to be well focused. Alas, I need to get them fed, cleaned up and ready for the day because I have no idea when their mother will be here to pick them up… or if I’ll have to take them to work with me! Eeek!!!

1 comment: