Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lists

Okay, so yesterday I made a list. Six out of nine crossed off isn’t that bad for me.

Whenever I make a list it always seems like it would be near impossible to do it all, even if everything is completely easy and can be accomplished in half the time I’ve allotted. The problem is that I tend to not do the ones that are really important. Fortunately, even though the move is imminent and should take precedent, the only items on the list I didn’t do were all related to packing or garage sale stuff. Yes, that means I have all of my financial aid paperwork submitted and entered and will be going back to school starting this summer, something I’m extremely excited about, even if I haven’t a clue what I should be studying as of yet.

Back to making lists, I’m not much of a list maker unless I really need to focus on time management. With large cake orders and wedding cakes I almost always have a list of things I need to get done and in the order they need to be completed so that I know that the cake will be ready on time. And yes, I always give myself a few hours of wiggle room in case something goes awry. Trust me, if you make a list and give yourself the exact amount of time it should take, there is going to be something that will not go according to plan and throw off the whole project. And yes, it is true that sometimes not everything on the list will be done, which is why as I’m working on a project if something isn’t imperative and I’m running behind, I’ll scratch it off. It’s better to cross off a few minor elements nobody is going to miss than not complete the project at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment