Friday, February 24, 2012

Craft Corner Cleaned


Sometimes all you need is a few minutes to declutter. This can be applied to nearly everything in life.


An organized space is usually more conducive to creating than one in disarray. Usually, I say, because there are creative folk who thrive on chaos. Personally I feel like somewhere in between chaos and order is a nice balance. Not too carefully organized that I’m afraid to take what I need but not so chaotic I can’t find it in the first place.

So after carefully considering my options of ignoring the clutter and forging ahead with whatever I really wanted to do (let’s be real, it was stare mindlessly at Pinterest all day) I decided to get back to some form of organization with my sewing stuff. Nothing too fancy, just take stuff out of bags and put them onto the bookcase where I’ve had my fabric since not long after we moved in last year. Magically just removing stuff piled up between my sewing machine and the bookcase instantly made the room feel less chaotic.


The last thing I had to do was find a place to put my embroidery hoops. I decided on grabbing one of the braces I used at the old house to stabilize the wall unit I had in the craft room there (it now sits on the floor in our living room for media storage) and putting it under the bolts of fabric on top of the bookcase. Presto! Instant hook and I can easily locate the size I need. It may not look all that pretty, but it does the job for now.


Got chaos in your life? Take a few moments to declutter. The resulting drop in stress levels will be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment