Thursday, February 23, 2012

Desperate Housewife’s Quilt: Block Twenty Nine


I love projects that use up all those scraps that otherwise would sit unused yet you don’t have the heart to simply throw away. This block was just that.

Log cabin blocks have been around for awhile. Never would I have thought to take my scraps, either in the scrap basket or tossed next to the sewing machine, and piece them together into strips for the block, however. Jane over at Want it, Need it, Quilt! (http://quiltjane.blogspot.com) did. The look is modern and traditional all at once. It’s also nice that it was super easy to do since things like “measurements” and “accuracy” aren’t all that important.


So, I know I’m skipping around a lot, but the thing about making these blocks for the Desperate Housewife’s Quilt is that it doesn’t matter. I’m only making the blocks I want to and I’m skipping ahead and going back based off of time I feel like I can put forth into a block at that particular moment in time. Besides, as much as I love the blocks, I also love the various techniques I’m learning in the process. The fact that I’ll have a practically finished sampler quilt top at the end is a bonus. I’m just glad I decided from the beginning to use my batik stash for the fabric choices to tie it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment