Friday, February 17, 2012

Itching to Start Something New

Ever since finishing the Uninspired Quilt, I’ve been itching to begin a new project. Well, maybe I should rethink this prospect.

While technically the Uninspired Quilt is finished, I’ve been toying with the idea of adding appliqué tikis to turn it into a Polynesian quilt. I haven’t washed it yet for that very reason. Perhaps if I make it into something fun I’ll like it more. Hmm… I wonder if I took enough pictures of various tikis in the Tiki Room at Disneyworld a few years ago to use those as either inspiration or tweak them in Photoshop and print them out onto fabric? This would certainly give the quilt not only more character but more meaning as well.

Still, between the Alexander Henry In the Kitchen line that keeps staring at me to make That 70s quilt, the Figgy Pudding charms and yardage by Basic Grey for Moda to make my Christmas Stars Quilt and Central Park layer cake, charm and yardage by Kate Spain for Moda telling me to make a summery flying geese quilt, the temptation to take the plunge into a new project is great. Perhaps what I really need to do is stop contemplating a new project and simply dive right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment