Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cupcakes

Cupcakes are treats for just about any occasion. Mardi Gras is no exception.

Mardi Gras is just around the corner, as in this Tuesday, which means it’s time for our friend Linda’s annual Mardi Gras Party. That also means I need to finish up the cupcakes today after work before the party tonight. Typically for Mardi Gras one would have a King Cake, which is a pastry-like confection drizzled with a glaze and colored sugars with coins and babies baked inside. I make King Cupcakes, which are instead a type of cream cheese pound cake and topped with colored glazes, coins and babies. This year I’m skipping the babies. We could all use more money, but there are enough babies.

For the chocolate lover, I’m also making a quadruple chocolate cupcake, which is a chocolate cake with three different types of chocolate chips and topped with a chocolate sour cream frosting. I was originally going to make black forest cupcakes, but didn’t want to deal with cherries. Of course now that my brain is working again after a copious amount of coffee, I wish I would have made some white chocolate voodoo dolls to top the cupcakes with. Perhaps, if I have time, I’ll do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment