Thursday, February 2, 2012

Desperate Housewife's Quilt: Block Fifteen

Yes, I realized Block 31 was posted today. So I’m a little behind.

Yesterday I was hoping to knock out two blocks before my husband got home from work, but for some odd reason I felt it was more important to figure out why our network disappeared. The internet is crazy like that. It’s like a drug you can’t quit. When it suddenly vanishes without reason (and not paying your bill doesn’t count) like a junkie you keep going until you can get your next hit. At first I thought the wireless aspect of the router was kaput, so I reset everything and changed it to an unsecure network and all of our devices were able to connect so that wasn’t the problem. I’m sure a geek would’ve solved the issue in a matter of minutes, but alas, I’ve never attempted such an endeavor. Anyway, I spent the better part of the day basically rebuilding the network and I’m happy to report that all internet connected devices in the house are fully operational once again.


So, instead of at least two blocks and possibly starting to cut out fabric for That 70s Quilt I made one block in The Desperate Housewife’s Quilt series from Want it, Need it, Quilt! (http://quiltjane.blogspot.com). I will have to admit that piecing goes by much faster when you pay attention to what you are doing. Block Fifteen was the simplest of the blocks I printed out, and had the perfect place to put two little pieces of the batik Jane sent me. I can’t wait to continue making these blocks, especially since I’m so far behind on the ones I plan on doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment