Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Six


Six is how old you,
My friend Nikk, would be
If you were still alive today.

Today your family would celebrate
If only your life wasn’t taken
Far sooner than it should’ve been.

How I miss your infectious smile
And ease you put everyone in
Just by being yourself.

How I wonder what type of man
You would’ve turned out to be
Had circumstances been different.

How I wish that night
Was only a nightmare
And not so painfully real.

Still, we should celebrate.
Celebrate the life you lived
And the love you gave.

Celebrate every moment we shared
Every smile and hug and tear
You provided so selflessly.

You didn’t live your life like a candle in the wind
But a flame from a torch burning bright
And shining for all the world to see.

Your birthday may only come every four years
But I know I’m not alone when I say
You’re in my thoughts most every day.

Happy Birthday, Nikk.
I hope you knew just how much you meant
To everyone who ever met you.

No comments:

Post a Comment