Friday, February 3, 2012

Making Plans

It seems that if I don’t make a plan to do something, I won’t do it. This pretty much applies to my entire life.

Tonight when I get home, I’m planning on making a plan for the week. Projects I want to complete, stuff that needs to get done, everything. Not that I have these broad ambitions that I’ll actually do everything on the list, but, well, if the list is there the chances of it being completed are multiplied by a factor of like a thousand or something. I’m really bad at math, but I think that’s a lot.

We made a To-Do-List a few weeks ago, writing down everything we wanted to get done over the course of a couple days, and surprisingly were able to cross off all but a couple items. We’re still waiting for just the right time to take down the Christmas lights outside and to organize and clean the office/craft room. I think of plans as something similar, but with a little more focus. For instance, making a cake where multiple steps are involved. A plan is more like a timeline, a way to manage your list by assigning deadlines to them. Like most deadlines, some just aren’t going to make it. Personally, I’ll try to make my plans as simple as possible since it looks as though it will be a busy weekend, what with a cake to make, acting class to take, hockey game to go to, church and of course, a Super Bowl party.

No comments:

Post a Comment