Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Baby Blankets


Does anyone else get a thrill out of seeing pictures of quilts you’ve made with the babies they were made for? I love them.


The other day my sister-in-law emailed me some pictures of my nephew taken with the baby blanket I made for him. I love the fact that he actually uses the blanket. Yes, that means it will get stained and might fall apart at the seams, but at the same time it is being loved. I know there are those who feel like some of these quilts should be wall hangings only, but my thoughts on the matter are that I made them for the kids not the adults.


I still have my baby blanket. It is now threadbare and probably could only physically take only one or two more washings before it completely unravels, but I love it nonetheless. It has been with me since birth and I can’t see departing with it even though that was way back in the day when Elvis was still alive, Jimmy Carter was President of the United States and Star Wars hadn’t even been released yet.


What are your thoughts on quilts made for babies? I’d love to hear about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment