Friday, April 20, 2012

Morning Person I Am Not


Oh, Morning!
Why must thou cometh
So early every day?

Some people are morning people. I am not one of those people. Admittedly, it has gotten easier the older I get, but alas, my thoughts on the matter pertain to getting enough rest the night before to warrant getting up before the sunlight has brushed across the land. Gone also are the days of being able to go to bed in the wee hours of the morning, especially if I must wake up in what would still be considered wee hours. I don’t know how I did it my senior year in high school, working until 2:30 in the morning and then getting up at 5:30 for school. I could never do that now. Currently if I were to go to bed that late I’d be a zombie for at least the next three days.

Alas, morning has burst,
Though I wish it not be,
And slumber still within my grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment