Friday, April 27, 2012

Out of the Hoop

Do you ever step back from a project and wonder, “Where did all the time go?” That be me with the Fall Quilt.

After months of work, the Fall Quilt is done being quilted. It barely looks like I spent a day on it. I can say that some of it is due to the fact that I only spent a couple hours a week on it during lunches at the veterinary clinic where I had to fend off one rather obnoxious and attention-grabbing cat on more than one occasion, or I could simply say that this was my first attempt at hand quilting and I was learning as I went. Methinks the latter will be my official answer.

So, with the quilting done, it is time to bind the quilt. While part of me is thinking it would be great to hand bind, the other part of me is not sure if this is a wise decision. Since I am simply using the backing as the binding on this project, perhaps I should just fold it over the top and straight stitch with the sewing machine. Then again, with no machine stitching showing on this quilt, perhaps I should instead fold the remaining backing, machine stitch it in place, then hand sew the binding to the front. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment