Thursday, April 26, 2012

Prize Money Spent

After much consideration, the one hundred dollar gift certificate I won to Fat Quarter Shop for the Dress Up Your Roll competition hosted by Jane over at Want it, Need it, Quilt (http://quiltjane.blogspot.com) has been spent. I can’t wait for the fabric to arrive.

Ever since my good friends Sarah and Rob got me a few fat quarters of The Lorax fabric from Robert Kaufman, I’ve been obsessing over what to do with them. Well, as soon as I was informed I had won the Dress Up Your Roll international prize, I immediately looked to see if the rest of the line was available in the Fat Quarter Shop (http://www.fatquartershop.com). It was. Excellent. They not only had the fat quarter bundle in the Earth color-way I wanted, but also the more vibrant Brights. I nearly got both, but decided I really needed to find another fabric or set of fabrics to stretch my style even further, something outside of my normal realm of Moda Fabrics and Sandy Gervais or Kate Spain. What can I say, I’m a sucker for Sandy’s retro-contemporary designs and Kate’s artistic-architecture sensibility. In the end I found a layer cake that immediately reminded me of thread art and the sheets in the guest room, Stitch Organic by Betz White… also for Robert Kaufman.


No comments:

Post a Comment