Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Raising Chicks


The best two days of having chicks is the day you bring them home and the day you put them outside. It’s like having kids.

A month ago we brought home three new chicks. Over the course of the last month I’ve taken the liberty of videoing their growth up until just a couple days ago when we decided (against our better judgment) to put them outside with the rest of the chickens. Honestly I meant to take more video, but, well, I didn’t. I’m hoping that since they wouldn’t let us show them how to roost or behave like chickens they will learn faster from the big girls, but that might be farfetched. These three are probably the dumbest chicks we’ve ever had and we’ve had a lot. Oh well, I can’t wait until summer when we’ll be blessed with green and blue eggs once again. It will add a little variety to the pink, tans and browns we’ve been getting.


No comments:

Post a Comment