Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Today is going to be filled with some exciting adventures, mostly in the fact that the boys are going to meet our dads. And by exciting adventures I mean potential disasters.

Here’s the thing, the kiddos are, well, mostly well behaved. They are courteous and polite at church saying things like, “Nice to meet you, I’m [insert name here]” and, “I missed you!” when it is someone they already know. However, when they get bored, which is quite easily, they get rambunctious.

I’m curious what we should have to occupy their attentions while we are at my husband’s dad’s house and then my grandparents house to be with my dad afterwards. So with that in mind I am mentally compiling a list of stuff we can bring and keep them somewhat out of trouble. I don’t want to simply stick them in front of a television for hours, although the thought is appealing, and I don’t want to have to spend the entire time correcting them and asking them not to touch this or that or anything ever again! There needs to be a balance, and unfortunately I am just clueless as to how to obtain such, mostly because I was the type of kid who you could give a piece of paper and a pencil and I’d be good for hours. However, I’m not so sure how I was at three and four.

Alas, it’ll be fun to finally introduce the little monsters to our dads, and even more appropriate on Father’s Day. And I’m sure that somewhere along the line something is going to happen that will make our father’s sit back and laugh at how completely and hopelessly inept we are at parenthood and possibly transport them back to the days when we were kids and they had those same feelings… or at least I hope they did as I’d hate to be the only one who feels this way sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment