Sunday, June 12, 2011

Grand Floral Parade

Since my husband was in the Portland Rose Festival Grand Floral Parade there was a four-in-the-morning wakeup call… for him. I slept in for another hour.

I have to admit something, and that is I’ve never been to the Grand Floral Parade. For as long as I’ve lived in the Portland metro area, it just hasn’t occurred to me to do so. And so yesterday with a free ticket inside the Memorial Coliseum to watch it before anyone else, after we caught the MAX into town, me dressed normal and him as a clown, I enjoyed the parade from my seats. I say plural because I had two tickets and used the extra seat to hold my bag.

The parade was awesome and I’m glad I decided to simply get my seats early to watch the Queen’s Coronation instead of finding a Starbucks to widdle away the hours before it actually started. I mean, I didn’t even know there was an event before the parade until I walked around to the front of the Coliseum and saw lines already forming at just after seven o’clock. Looking at my tickets I saw that indeed there was the coronation starting at eight-thirty, so I decided to join the line and search for coffee inside. Well, the coffee was gross, the “pastry” overpriced, but it was all worth it. Now, if only they could do something about all that traffic afterwards.

Photo courtesy KATU.com

No comments:

Post a Comment