Friday, June 10, 2011

Surprise Visits

Yesterday my sister called to ask if we’d want company. Most of my To-Do list was complete so I said why not.

After getting through a couple loads of dishes, a few loads of laundry, vacuuming, scrubbing toilets and sinks and showers, filling the chickens water and food, and shoveling the soil into a pile for one of the garden boxes, I was ready to call it a day. Yes, I know most of you would’ve been able to keep going, but not I. While I was planting a tomato, a jalapeño and the last two marigolds, along with some lettuces, carrots and radishes, my sister called saying she was on her way back home with her kids and wanted to hang out. We never really hang out, so I said sure. Besides, it would be a great excuse to stop doing chores.

Of course, what I failed to take into account is that these kids are unruly hellions. Okay, so that may be a bit of an overstatement, but not by much. Alas, after water balloon fights, and dinner, which I made pulled pork enchiladas with my delicious from scratch sauce I kindly toned down the heat factor for the kiddos, some Wii games, it was time for them to go. While I’m not close to this sister, I wonder if only living only a couple miles away from each other will make a difference in how often we see her family?

No comments:

Post a Comment