Friday, June 17, 2011

Yard Work

If there is one thing I hate, and I’ll use this abhorrent word here, it’s weeding. I really hate weeding.

Yesterday, after getting home from helping a friend with some yard work, I decided to continue weeding the front yard. After a dozen bucketfuls it barely looks like I made a dent. Tuesday when I started this project I’d also pulled up a dozen buckets full of weeds. This is a five gallon bucket I’m talking about, so you can kind of get an idea on just how overgrown the yard is. And it’s a rock garden, which means it has been like this for quite some time.

Alas, it looks like this weekend will be filled with more weeding and general cleaning up. But on a much happier note, my husband painted the bathrooms yesterday so they are no longer awful shades of blue. Electric blue, royal blue, navy blue… Now they are a much happier, and brighter, shade of pale green called sliced cucumber. Makes me wish we used this color in the living room, but at least the bathrooms are painted.

1 comment: