Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Arguments

Whoever says that fighting doesn’t solve anything has never had a good argument. I believe it to be a powerful communication tool.

When there is a communication breakdown, sometimes the only way to figure out what the hell is going on is a good argument. As long as the argument doesn’t turn physical, they can be quite therapeutic. Not only do we seem to let our guard down when we argue, but we tend to also be much more honest than we would otherwise.

I’ve had so many people comment on how my husband and I get along so well and ask if we ever fight and they are surprised by my answer; every single day. Why? Because I’m a horrible communicator. Okay, so maybe not every day, but quite often. We may not always see eye to eye, but at least we know each other’s positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment