Sunday, August 21, 2011

Animal Blessings

Today is our annual Blessing of the Animals at church. I’m sure it’ll be an exciting adventure as usual.

With an outdoor service on our church’s labyrinth, the sounds of barking, meows and cock-a-doodle-doos are sure to ring throughout. Actually, the Blessing of the Animals is one of my favorite services, considering how lighthearted and fun the energy all of the furry, feathered and finned friends bring. Of course, the downside is that it typically falls on a Sunday where I am an usher. So it would appear that my husband will have to handle our dog, Lucy and the boys while I am performing my ushering duties. Considering it usually takes two of us just to handle the dog, methinks today will be filled with crazy fun. On top of that, I'm also presenting an award from the church to my boss for all of his volunteer work on behalf of the homeless pets.

Some people think we are crazy ourselves for having a service dedicated to the animals in our lives. But honestly, with as much of a part of our lives our pets are, why don’t more churches do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment