Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Camp Crafts

I need to come up with a few camp crafts and I need to come up with them yesterday. Maybe procrastination isn’t the best strategy.

With our all church camp this weekend, and the fact that I’m already going to have to slack on some of my duties as co-director since I have to work until Friday evening, I also signed up to help with craft activities. I’ve got nothing. I mean, I have plenty of ideas swirling around my brain, but as far as actually making sure we have the supplies to create said ideas I’m at a zero. This is not at all unusual behavior for me either as I do tend to be a last minute kind of person, but it doesn’t make it any less stressful when my husband just had a garage sale and I had him sell off my huge allotment of beads and jewelry making materials and now have all these ideas on how to actually use those beads. Figures.

But the good news is that we have so much stuff at our church to make things too that I shouldn’t be at a loss when it comes to crafts. And really, let’s be honest, I only have to come up with a couple, maybe three, things to make. I’m sure I can figure that out in my sleep! Okay, so if I did, I lost it because I’ve got no memory of dreaming anything except for trying to get the theme song to ‘The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That’ out of my head. Funnily this is a recurring theme.

So it looks like either today after work and grocery shopping or more than likely tomorrow on my day off I’ll be working on finalizing my crafty plans for the weekend. Hopefully it will be fun. And if you have any ideas, please send them my way as I’ve never even been to a church camp or any camp whatsoever so really don’t know what to expect except for what I saw in the movies as a child watching ‘Earnest Goes to Camp’ and ‘The Addams Family Values’.

2 comments:

  1. I'm bringing stuff to make friendship bracelets (Miss A's request) and paper to make peace cranes (if I can get to craft store to buy paper) since Sunday is anniversary of Hiroshima bombing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like fun! I'll figure something else out, maybe with pony beads since we have lots of them.

    ReplyDelete