Saturday, August 13, 2011

Quiet

It has been unusually quiet at the house lately. Must be the lack of children.

We haven’t heard from the boys’s mom or the boys since we left for church camp last weekend. While we were supposed to have them this week while she recovers from surgery, her sister had other plans. I’m all for them spending more time with their cousins, but we haven’t been able to contact her at all and apparently we aren’t alone if the messages on her Facebook page are any indication. I’m not at the worried stage yet, as this was a pretty extensive surgery, and we don’t have any contact with her sister or her sister’s partner, but still, one has to wonder what is going on. As a writer my brain is on overtime lately with scenarios and plots, but as a friend to her and parent to her boys, I am concerned to say the least.

At seven in the morning I am used to hearing the sounds of morning Public Broadcasting programs such as The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That or Super Why. However, it has been weeks since those shows have been on in our house. I’m also used to hearing, “Good morning, Daddy Cory!” followed closely with, “I want up,” which is the older boy’s way of saying he wants lifted up in a hug. The sounds of laughter, the cries of pain, the shouts of anger and the whispers of apologies all have been missing in our lives lately.

While I have so many questions to ask, the person who can answer them hasn’t been responding. Perhaps a little more time is required, or perhaps a little more persistence. I don’t know. I suppose a little more patience is needed on my end.

No comments:

Post a Comment