Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fall Quilt On the Brain

With the air getting a bit cooler in the morning I’m thinking I better get back to work on The Fall Quilt. Of course, the eighty degree afternoons and evenings when I get home from work say otherwise.

Methinks it is time to pull out the fabric and start cutting. Perhaps then I will actually begin to piece this quilt together. Or maybe I should finish the feature panels by appliquéing and embroidering them before I cut? Or what if I instead just make the blocks so they are all ready to go? Or… right, stop thinking and start quilting already, damn it!

One of my fears is that I’ve let one year go by without finishing it, that another year wouldn’t be so bad. However, I’d really like to actually have a quilt finished this year, or maybe even two by Winter. Okay, so one thing at a time. I’ve got to catch up on the Desperate Housewife’s Quilt blocks too. Hmmm… maybe that is what I need to work on to get me in the mood to continue on with The Fall Quilt? Alas, life needs to stop getting in the way of my hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment