Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lagging

I’ve been falling behind on my batik quilt blocks. I blame the weather.

Here in the Pacific Northwest it appears summer has finally arrived. It was nice of it to show up at all, but I fear it may be too late to ripen my tomatoes. Only time will tell. I mean, after all, there still is thirty-five percent of summer remaining. I’ve been told we might actually hit our first ninety degree day today, however, our weather forecasters have been known to be wrong on occasion.

Anyway, with summer comes the fact that the quilt I’ve been working on with the help of Jane over at Want It, Need It, Quilt! (www.quiltjane.blogspot.com) and her Desperate Housewife’s Quilt project has come to a standstill. That and Mary over at The Tulip Patch (www.tulip-patch.blogspot.com) keeps coming up with fantastic patterns that I can actually use to make quick weekend quilts, which makes me stare at my stash and drool over the possibilities before going outside to water the thirsty plants and chickens.

So today after work I’m going to print off the next few block patterns on the Desperate Housewife’s Quilt and try to catch up, at least by getting what I need for each block cut. I find that by doing that I can get the blocks mostly ready to go for piecing, which tends to go by rather quickly… once I get started, of course. Hot weather be damned, I’m going to quilt today.

No comments:

Post a Comment