Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Preparation

Tomorrow starts our church’s Vacation Bible School program. Something tells me I should prepare my segment.

Sadly, I work for two of the three days of Camp Earth Walkers, which is what we’ve been calling our Vacation Bible School program for the last few years, so my involvement is only minimal. However, I must admit that part of me is a little sad I won’t be able to be there for all three days. Then again, last year I may have over done it because by day three I was literally pulling my hair out from the stress.

This year I signed up for two segments, however, due to my work schedule changing because of a coworker’s college course she’s taking, I’m only able to do one of the two. Of course, I specifically signed up for the two that I did because they were interesting to me; planting second season seeds and salsa. Alas, I shall only be teaching the kiddos how to make salsa. Insert sad face here.

And so with a bit of time today I am going to figure out what I need to do to get this lesson ready. As usual I haven’t even started nor looked at the lesson plans because, well, that’s how I roll. Perhaps I should do so before work today so I can be prepared for Thursday. Or maybe I should just do it at work since I am only working lunch coverage today, which is by and large the slowest period at the clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment